Medical advice needed if possible please!!


Firstly, sorry if this is a graphic post! I was inserting my menstrual cup this evening when I felt something in my vagina I have never felt before (I'm 39!). It feels like a soft ball/lump high up near my cervix about the size of a plum. My partner swears its been there all the time and he has felt it before, but I do NOT remember anything about the female anatomy having a lump at the top of the vaginal canal??!

I don't know whether I'm panicking for no good reason, or whether I should be booking an urgent appointment to get it checked out? For info, I do have very heavy, very painful periods too.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!!