Help me am I pregnant

So I had my period on thanksgiving. It felt like a normal period maybe a little on the light to medium side and a bit spotty at the end. It was a bright red. I woke up a few weeks ago  in the middle of the night feeling that watery taste in my mouth like I had to puke. Yesterday all of a sudden I got really sick and had to pull over on my way to work. I ended up making it to work (hardly) and had it come out both ends. I had cramps all day. I aslo had cramps before. After the first round I felt fine besides being tired and crampy. I googled everything. And what I am now reading is maybe my period wasn't a normal period and maybe it was something else. I am not noticing any other symptoms and I should be ovulating now. I need help did anyone have diarrhea and nausea in the very beginning? I have a 8 year old and had her pretty young that I ignored most of the symptoms at the time so I feel like I am starting over? I don't want to waste my money on tests to all tell me no. My husband and I have been trying for 5 months when I stopped my birth control.