No fetal growth on ultrasound

Kristi • 30 • from NJ • Registered Nurse 🩺 • dog mom 🐶 • 2 angel babies 👼👼 • 🌈 Rainbow baby boy, Caiden - arrived 10/4/2022 👶🏻

I had my follow up ultrasound last night after last weeks ultrasound where the baby measured behind by 10 days. I should’ve been 7w2d and it only measured 5w6d. Now for this second ultrasound 1 week later, the gestational sac and yolk sac had grown over the week but the embryo only grew 0.2mm CRL from last week. My doctor says it’s likely a miscarriage but I need to have my hcg levels checked tomorrow and again 3 days later to see how they are trending. I’m a little annoyed they hadn’t checked the hcg levels sooner but there’s nothing I can really do anyway. If they are still trending up then they’ll do another ultrasound and if they’ve decreased then the full diagnosis of a miscarriage will be made.

I’m heartbroken to think that this will be our second MC just 4 months after the last. It took my body so long to recover and my cycles to normalize after the natural miscarriage that I definitely don’t want to go through that again 🥺😭