China limiting minors to three hours of online video game time per week.

トー

Within the last 48 hours, China has decided to limit how much online game time minors are allowed per week. To try and sum up a few points from The Washington Post-

Children will be required to register their real name when making an account on a game online. With the growing of eSports, people train hours a day at a young age resulting in a huge number of gaming addictions. The Chinese government is asking for family cooperation to monitor and make sure their minor children don’t make adult aged accounts. There is already a ban on minors to not spend more than $62USD a month on games.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think that although government should be limited on their power, would you still somewhat agree this would be beneficial? I personally think parents should be the ones to show and teach healthy boundaries with video games, not the government. As a mom who loooooves gaming, I stay on top of how much my oldest plays (my youngest only being 2) and make sure other activities are still getting attention. With us living 3k miles away from cousins, it’s a fun way for them to communicate and play together.