How many rules do you guys have?

B

I've had both my MIL and FIL comment separately (they aren't together) that there are so many rules for our child. They have said things like wow there are a lot of rules or he has so many rules, at separate visits. Do you have rules you try to enforce?

The only rules I can think of are:

For the couch no running, jumping or climbing on the couch and no shoes on the couch. (He has bloodied his lip 3 times now falling off the couch)

For meal times I try to follow basic polite eating rules. I don't let him slam his cup or silverware or put his feet on the table (he likes to prop one foot up on top of the table next to his plate) or throw food on the ground purposefully. He is encouraged to use his words like if he doesn't want something say no thank you, not scream or whine.

Other basic things like no going in the street or outside without us, or holding our hand in the parking lot.

I don't feel like it's too much. I do want my child to be a well behaved and know what is acceptable or not. I don't feel like I have a ton of rules but their comments are making me second guess myself. What do you guys think? Am I setting too many rules? What are your rules?