Midwife or OB/GYN

Heyyy I might be a little late to the debate but I’m currently 16 weeks pregnant and just got a thorough review on the benefits of having a midwife. This is my second pregnancy and with my first I had my Gyno with whom I had no complaints of her care, apart from the fact that she wasn’t there for the delivery. The reason why I’m more considerate with midwife now is because this will be the first time my husband is experiencing the the birth (due to unfortunate circumstances he wasn’t physically present at the birth of our first child). My mom was by my side and I was rather comfortable with her care. Although this time around with covid we are allowed only one support person and quite frankly I’m scared of how it’ll go. Mostly because my husband panics when I’m in pain (he’s not the best masseuse either) plus I don’t want an intimate and special time be filled with arguments and frustration.

I’d like to know if having a Midwife compared to an OB will be better during the delivery considering the fact that they are guaranteed to be at the birth and it’s a more personal connection since they’ll help you throughout. Also if anyone has had a midwife how was your experience?