Feeling Defeated

Amy

I just need to vent for a minute so I’m sorry in advance. I’m 37 and just married the love of my life last year. It took me longer to find my person than many but I don’t regret it.

With that said, I feel so defeated. I really thought this was our month. Our timing was literally perfect. Yet here I am with another negative test.

Fighting back tears.

Everywhere I look are people who get pregnant so easily, or accidentally (🤯) and it’s so upsetting. My husband and I have great jobs and a beautiful home and have wanted to be parents our whole lives. We would be such good parents I swear. We both work with kids.

I just don’t get it and I’m really feeling low. I don’t know what else to do. It’s been my dream since I was a little girl. In first grade when the teacher asked what everyone wanted to be when they grew up, everyone else was drawing pictures of teachers and doctors and I literally said and drew that I just wanted to be “a mommy.”

Still do. Everywhere I look there are people with babies and I’m like, why does she get a baby? What makes her better than me?

I know that sounds so bitchy but I’m so, so down right now. So sorry.

Thanks to anyone who even read this far.