21 years old and scared.

I’m 21 and have struggled with my weight my entire life. Since I was a child I was overweight/obese and I have reached a point in my life where I need to change my habits. About 4 years ago I went on a medically assisted keto diet and lost 65 pounds. (My starting weight at that time was 265) since then I have gained everything back plus more. I reached my highest of 386 in March and am currently sitting at 330 (-56 pounds). I was also diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 1 month ago. My mother, brother and sister have all gotten the gastric bypass surgery and I’m beginning to feel pressure from them and my doctors to also get the surgery done. I understand that I’m not in a position to continue gaining weight or even maintain this weight. I have to lose it. But I’m so scared of getting surgery. I don’t know if this is really what I want. I’m scared of all the common complications that come post surgery and how it’ll affect my social life as a young woman in my early 20’s. I feel like I have it in me to try 1 last time to lose the weight on my own. I’m scared to disappoint my family if I decide to go that route because this would the second time I chicken out of surgery. Any thoughts or advice on my situation? If you’ve personally had weight loss surgery or know anyone who has , please let me know what that experience was like. Thanks!