Partners mate!!!!

em

Have you ever disliked someone so much but they haven’t actually done anything to you personally for you to dislike them?

Been with partner for 5years. An old school friend of his he met again by chance (after a year of us dating). This friend (male friend) wasn’t ever around much but last we saw of him was when he asked to borrow some money (£50) he took it and then disappeared. Fast forward to a couple months back, he is back being friendly again with my partner. My partner hasn’t brought up the money owed to him as he said it doesn’t matter! So from then I don’t particularly like him. One day he was visiting our house and he asked me what I thought of him (don’t know why he asked me that) my response was “don’t ask me cos you won’t like my answer”. He was persistent so I said “ok I think you are sneaky and sly”! He went on to ask me why but before I could answer my partner got involved and said to end the conversation.

Later that evening I walk into my kitchen and my partner is giving over his bank details to his mate! I ask my partner later on after the mate leaves why he did that! “He said he feels sorry for him as he in a bad place and that it was for some online thing that can double your money…. Anyway surprise surprise the mate rings a couple days later ‘pretending’ to be upset that it didn’t work snd he sorry the money is gone (£150)!

Now I just can’t stand this so called mate. My partner sees no wrong in him and now we literally argue every time this mates name is even mentioned.

I can’t hide my feelings and according to my partner I make him and his mate feel so uncomfortable and I’m rude etc.

This mate is forever ringing and when he comes over he brings food to cook himself in my kitchen. My partner got mad cos I made a comment about the mate getting too comfy in our house. Not one of my friends visit and does what he does nor do they stay for hours upon hours.

How do we move forward from here as I’m finding it hard to even hear this mans name let alone see him. The arguments we now have is just crazy and it stems from this ‘friend’!!!!!

My partner says he just helping a friend in need emotional! I say the mate is a knob, sly and thick.

Help! Maybe I’m the problem!?