Am I the toxic one?

My boyfriend and I had plans of seeing each other today (Saturday). I sent him a message that if he still wanted me to go over (to his house) for him to let me know when he was out of work so I can be on my way. He sends me a text saying that he’s home. I call him and ask about his day and so on. I ask if he still wants me to go over. He asked why I’m always doing that. That I know that he does and always want to argue by bringing up other things. I told him that I don’t want to argue but that he sounds like he’s in a bad mood and he doesn’t sound enthusiastic about me going. He said that he is but he’s just tired and stressed. We get into an argument. He hanged up on me. I honestly started to tear up. .

I call him again and he doesn’t answer. I call a few more time and he finally answers saying that he is on the phone with the person dropping off his paycheck . So We clicked. I honestly got frustrated and started crying. I calmed down and a few minutes after I text him to ask if I can go since it’s the last Saturday I might have free. (As I still want to see him). He said yes. I then decided I was and told him but something came up and couldn’t anymore. So I ended up not going to his house. He wanted me to go but I didn’t because I basically sabotage myself by asking things I knew the answer to and always starting arguments. How mention earlier by his respond it’s not the first time I do this and with other things too. Also he did apologize about hanging up on me.

So am I toxic for always starting arguments and asking questions to things I know the answer to?