Struggling ….

Rob

Hey everyone,

I’m not sure if it’s depression or just being burnt out but I’m active duty military and just came back from a 3 week field op and and soon as I came back I have been at home taking care of my daughter and my wife who is pregnant. My wife insisted on baby sitting our neighbors kid even though I said it wasn’t a good idea and she assured me it would be ok. We’ll low and behold it was not ok. They both got RSV and are down for the count. I have been bouncing my daughter to sleep for EVERY nap, cleaning, cooking and working my normal work week 50 plus hours at home at night when they are asleep. I’m frustrated because I told me wife she should take medicine when she had lighter symptoms and didn’t and now she is very sick. I don’t expect to get days off of parent duty but have had 0 time to recoup. I have been able to successfully put my daughter to sleep after bouncing but my wife refuses to allow me to do it because she thinks “she’s not ready” my daughter is 16 months and I absolutely love connecting with her but I am exhausted. I’m working on starting school so that adds another layer. Idk I’m exhausted and just need some advice. Am I wrong for feeling like this and being a wimp ?