Work is not enjoyable anymore.

We recently got a new technologist at my job and every weekend I work with him. Unfortunately, he's not very good and leaves our patients waiting for over an hour to be seen because he's so slow. I gave him the benefit of the doubt since he's new but I don't know how much longer I can handle it.  (he doesn't even try to speed up. He literally takes his time even after the patient has left) since I work the front desk, I'm the one to get yelled at by all the patients when I have no control over his work. I constantly suggest things that he could do to help but he will not take any advice. He's set in his ways even though it obviously doesn't work. I've tried emailing my manager about the complaints we've recieved from patients but she has not acknowledged them yet. She's normally all for customer service but until think she sees how bad this is. If it was just a couple upset patients, I could handle it. But it's literally every single one of them. It just stresses me out because they take it out on me. I dread going to work now and I never felt like that before. I'm scared one day I'm going to just break down. I'm looking forward to maternity leave at this point. Has anyone else gone through anything similar?