Education neglect - would you report?

I know this family with four children: 15, 8, 3 and 1. They are largely unstable financially, but seem to always keep a roof over their heads and bellies full. They do love their children and I don’t think they are emotionally neglected at all.

However, there is educational neglect happening. Per law, educational neglect is when a parent fails to provide education to their children either by enrolling them in school or homeschooling. This family I know has the two eldest enrolled in a computer based homeschool program but zero instruction takes place beyond that; the parents do not make the children attend the slides/videos/“classes”, and the kids just play all day (the eldest is on her tablet all day playing games). When assessment time comes, the parents complete the tests so that the children pass. No actual learning or instruction happens. Both parents work all day and leave the eldest at home to care for the younger children. The eldest does not have any friends and never leaves the house (literally). She has never attended school before in her life. She has the mentality more so of a ten year old and I would assume it’s due to the lack of education and lack of socialization. The 8 year old does not even know her ABCs and behaves more like a 3 or 4 year old.

Like I said, the kids are loved. They live in poverty and don’t get to have much or do much but the parents do love them. They are of the opinion that education is a “waste of time” and school is unnecessary and indoctrinating.

If you were in a position where you knew all of this was occurring, would you report this family just based on the educational neglect? Why or why not?

Vote below to see results!