Pulling 24hr duty while pregnant 😞 (rant)

Zoe • 💙💗mama to boy/girl twins💗💙 •23y/o• ✌🏻and ❤️

I’m in the Army and I have my last ever CQ shift on the 26th of March (ofc I would get a Saturday shift 😤) as I start terminal leave in April 🥳. Im not looking forward to this shift, I know it’s going to be miserable because I’m pregnant and in my first trimester and always miserable to begin with. Im nauseous, dizzy, and have headaches literally all day.

Usually the only way I’m able to stay awake for the whole 24 hours is by a combination of Bang energy drinks and 5hr energy throughout the night, which I’m obviously not going to be able to drink during this upcoming shift.

And on top of all this the 26th and 27th are supposed to be the weekend my boyfriend and I move in to our new house. He also has to work on the 26th (civilian job so only 8:00am-5:00pm) so that cuts our move in days down to one day, the 27th, which is supposed to be my recovery day 😭. Realistically I don’t know when or if I’ll be able to sleep at all… the timing of all this could not be worse.

I guess I’m just asking if anyone has any advise for me at all? How to stay awake? What caffeine is ok for me to drink? Advice on our whole moving situation? Maybe someone has been in a similar situation before?

It’s hard to be too mad though because I am so excited about being pregnant, moving into a beautiful new house, and getting out the the Army so soon.

If you actually read all this I really appreciate it 💕