PSA: take care of yourself after birth too!!

L

Long story short: if you’re feeling off, call your ob!

I had beautiful twin babies a week and a day ago and today I’m back in the hospital getting treated for postpartum preeclampsia, make sure you take care of yourself so you can take care of your babies!! I had been feeling extra exhausted and out of breath for a couple of days, it started becoming hard to walk just from the living room to the bathroom without losing my breath and at night it felt like the wind was knocked out of me when I tried to lay down in bed. I just figured it was exhaustion from new babies and maybe some anxiety from now having 4 kids. My friends and family told me to call the doctor just to be safe. My one friend in particular wouldn’t let it go and kept asking if I had called yet. It took me about 2 days to decide to call and I wish I had done it sooner. The ob said to go to the ER to be evaluated for cardiomyopathy but once I got there and they took my blood pressure they we’re pretty sure it was preeclampsia (now confirmed) I’ve been getting treated for about a day now and should hopefully go home tomorrow.

Listen to your body and to your friends and family and call the doctor if you’re not feeling right! The worst that can happen is nothing. I’m so thankful I went to ER even though I didn’t want to. I’m missing my babies but thank God I’ll be ok to take care of them soon.