What would you do?

Ashley

We got engaged in December 2021 so I would still say recently engaged. The date I wanted falls on a Thursday so everyone said that is a bad day for a wedding. Heartbroken, I changed my date to make others happy(my first mistake). My fiancé’s sister is pregnant and due the day I had originally wanted to be my wedding day. No big deal to me there, in my opinion you can’t compare a new life to a wedding. What I’m upset about is the fact that this comment was made “Ashley can’t have her date but I can” and then my fiancé tells me that she told him not to tell me anything about her pregnancy. There have been a few other things that have happened regarding his sister and it’s making me second guess marrying the man I love. I’ve talked to him about it and get told that this is how it’s going to be when you merge families. You just have to deal with it. This is really tearing me apart inside. My head and my heart are at a constant war and I don’t like it. It’s affecting my mental health and my performance at work.

So my question is, what would you do in this situation? Any advice? When I am around her, I’m civil.