My Team Green/ Tie-Breaker Baby is Here!!!!!

Liya • YHWH🤍|Wife & Mom of 7(💜02/09,💙12/12,💙07/14,💜03/16,💙12/17,💜11/19,💙04/22)

Went to my OB appointment on April 13th and my blood pressure was 168/125. So my doctor suggested that baby needed to be born immediately. She sent me across the street to the hospital for an induction. I was 3cm and having my own irregular contractions, prior to the start of the induction. I did a few testing before starting and had to hang out in triage for some time. Finally at around 2pm I was moved to my delivery room. I had a bite to eat and waited for the doctor to come and break my water. At around 4:45 my doula arrived and helped me to the bathroom. Doctor came to break my water, but wasn't able to. He thinks that either my water broke completely at some point and I didn't notice, or I was having a slow leak and again didn't notice. But baby didn't like the attempt and the nurse couldn't find baby's heartbeat for some time. It gave me the biggest scare of life! The doctor said he'll try again later, but I declined. At 6pm they decided to put a monitor clip on baby's head to make it easier to monitor baby's heart rate. At 6:25 they started the drip (oxytocin) at level 2 and I was 4cm at that time. I decided to use the bathroom again before the pain got too intense and I'm so glad I did.  I really dislike using the bathroom during labour but having a full bladder doesn't help with contractions. It's was super weird using the bathroom with the scalp clip hanging out between my legs. But around 7:15 the drip got bumped up by 2. I got checked at 8pm and I was 5-6cm. I felt like I wasn't progressing well and thought I would be in labour going into the next day. I had to have my blood pressure monitored every 10 mins during labour, which was horrible to have go off during contractions. I was given different blood pressure medications during labour to try and keep it stable. But it would go up from time to time. The OB suggested I get an epidural, to eliminate my pain and allow my blood pressure to stay down. I declined, because I have a fear of needles and being numb. I got checked to see if I had made any progress at 8:45pm and I was 6-7 cm -2 station (baby was still high up, which is normal for this being my 7th baby). I decided to make one last bathroom trip, the IV fluids was running right through me. For the next little bit I got my doula to distract me from the pain. We had a great conversation, played some music, and she helped me breathe through some very difficult contractions. At 10pm I asked her to call the nurse. She checked me an I was 9cm, but I felt like I had to push. She told me I couldn't, and called another nurse to double check. She checked me and I was 10 cm within 2 mins. But of course the doctor wasn't available and was just finishing up a c-section. I was told I have to wait. But my body was involuntarily pushing baby. The doctor literally walked into the room, right when it was time to catch baby (lol) He came in at 10:25pm and baby was born at 10:29pm. I got to cut the cord and check the gender of baby! 😊

It's a BOY! 💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

Please welcome baby #7:

Mr. Shamar born April 13th 2022 at 10:29pm. He was 9 pounds 3oz and 20 inches long.

I kept the gender of baby a secret from my husband and kids until baby and I got home! Everyone was so surprised and excited! We are so in love with this little guy!

My recovery was a little tough at first. It took some time to get my bleeding under control. They used several different medications. I had a reaction to one. Broke out in sweats, vomited, and pooped myself. Had to get medications for that, so I was pretty drugged up for a bit. It took 6 hours to get things stabilized and finally moved to my postpartum room. Thank you to everyone who sent their love, support, and prayers! 💕😊