Is my husband confused ?

My husband and i go dutch in pretty much most things especially big things. Problem is sometimes he will offer to treat for dinner or lunch and after he says things like that makes me feel like im after meals or his money. The other day he paid for a meal only to bring it up in the next argument. Its so pathetic because i can pay for everything myself and i usually do pay my own way and treat as well. 5 yrs ago he cheated on me with a girl who was making very little money while i bust my ass to pay my half in our relationship. He told me he was falling for her because she needed him. He even had her quit her job because it was paying little, he gave her spending money and even got her an apartment. When he confessed he told me being married to me was like being married to another man. It was a lot and i am still healing from that but im so confused on what he wants. I try to let him be a man by treating me only to turn around and mention it later. Today he asked if i wanted to go to dinner, i said yes but ill take care of myself. Aside from this, he is a good person so i dont know what the hell he wants and i dont care to find out anymore 😭. Sometimes i think i may be better of being a single man 😂😂