Self defense

Brooke

So I am 20 years old almost 21. Where I live it is completely legal to carry around a stun gun, pepper spray and a pocket knife. My boyfriend forgot his pocket knife in my bag and I told my mom i wanted to get one for self defense a week ago and she completely flipped out saying how i dont need one and i cant stab someone and i was saying how sex trafficking is happening alot and i already have ppl threatening me that I had to speak to police about. I recently bought a stun gun and I told my mom about it bc it isnt going to kill someone it will help if i am being attacked. And she tried telling me i am not allowed to have one and its illegal when i checked and even asked a police officer and they said it is ok to have one. I expressed my worries to her and she doesnt seem to care. I told her how i am an adult not a child so i have the right to protect myself but she wont listen. I feel that she is also a hypocrite bc she was in the army and used to carry around a gun but i cant have something for protection. I don’t know what to do, she doesnt want me even having pepperspray only a little alarm that doesnt even contact police and can be broken or stopped. What do you think and what should i do?