What do you consider educational neglect?

I am curious if this sounds like educational neglect to you or is it just laziness? I met this mom who homeschools but really she doesn’t. They don’t have curriculum or anything they do regularly. Mostly her kids sit on an iPad all day. They don’t go outside or anything and once a month she takes them to the library to check out books. The 7 year old seems more on par with a 4 year old when you speak to her. We live in a state where there’s not much check up on homeschool families. She teaches them about odd things like what kind of mushrooms are edible and about bugs. But like there’s no real math, writing, instruction and there’s zero ZERO socialization. When I met up with her so her kids could play with mine she told me it was the first time they played with other kids in over a year. They behaved really oddly and like kinda just stood there and didn’t know what to do or how to play. My kids were bored with them quickly. It gave me Turpin family vibes (if you know who I’m talking about). She told me they’re smart so she doesn’t feel the need for school and they watch education stuff on their iPads. 😕