Underweight

Sejal

Hi My son was born on 26th June 2022. His birth weight was 2.98 KG . Right now he is 4.98 Kg and going to complete his 4 month in a week. He is eating 20-23oz on an average every day.

He does not really cry much for food, or is never fussy or cranky about it. Very playful, joyful, active who loves to just play all day. He also has enough wet diapers and poops at-least 2-3 times a day.

For me, doctor has asked me to be completely off dairy as they doubt he has cow milk protein allergy, so i am completely off milk, yogurt, butter. I partially take clarified butter (ghee) and switched to Almond/Oat/Coconut milk. I stopped giving him my milk for a week after I went dairy-free.

We asked dr if you could do an allergy test to check if there actually is allergy, but we were told we don’t do that test. So on an average he’d take around 650 ML per day with 1 scoop of formula per every 50 ml (instead of 60 ml) to increase the calories count. Since last couple of days we feel he’s down as he has dry cough, and he took just a lil over 500 ml in last 2 days.

My main concern is because he’s behind on weight; will that delay his developmental milestones? This is our 1st baby and hence really really worried.

If someone went thru something similar, would really love to hear back from you. What you did to make baby eat more, would really love to learn from your experience

He is not hungry at all n never cry for food. I am very worried about his physical growth. Any suggestions?