Stepmother in law screamed she wasn’t happy about our pregnancy

Jayson

I need advice bad. Hey ladies. So tonight we planned on telling my fiancés step mom and dad about our pregnancy. I am only 7 weeks. My mother died when I was 13 so it’s been hard going through this alone. We went and saw his real mom and told her the news and she was beyond excited. It was my first time meeting her and I felt so welcomed and loved. We had went and seen his father and step mother several times and they have always been very welcoming and nice as well. We were so excited to tell them because I suffer with severe pcos and due to medical reasons I had a 20% chance of pregnancy and it was rapidly decreasing. We were shocked we managed to conceive in less than a month of trying but it was a blessing. I always wanted to be a mother and I think it’s because of the absence of my own. But we got there and we got his father a gift (the step mom wasn’t present at the time) and it was a onesie. He was excited for us and seemed genuinely happy. The step mother then walked downstairs and went into the kitchen. I presented the onesie to her and said we got her a gift. She said “why would you get me anything, I don’t want anything from you.” Which shocked me because she had never said anything like that before. We could tell his father and step mother were fighting before we arrived but his father really wanted to see us. I told her she was going to be a grandma and she started slamming stuff and said “nice” and wasn’t happy. So I went and sat in the living room next to my fiancé. She came in and said that his father needed to tell the truth and was screaming and slamming stuff and throwing stuff. I got really anxious because I suffer from ptsd from an abusive relationship and I have autism. She screamed how she told him so over and over. And said she knew that’s why they went to his real moms first even though we went to see BOTH of them first because my fiancés birthday was yesterday and we had to work. But His father continuously told her to stop but she didn’t. She then screamed that they weren’t happy for us and thought we were immature, dumb, and all kinds of things. I got really upset since I was happy I conceived with such a low chance. The father and her fought a lot about the way she screamed at us. My fiancé decided it was time to leave so we headed out the door. I was crying at this point because I was excited to tell her because she always told me she was like my mom and I missed mine a lot and I didn’t know much about pregnancy. When I was crying she began mocking me and continued screaming horrible things at us. I got in the car and we left and my fiancé apologized a lot and tried to calm me down but I had a full panic attack. His real mom said it was possible she treated us like that since she had a miscarriage after his father and her married but that’s still not an excuse. It’s not like we are teenagers. I am 21 and he is 22. We have never asked for any help from them. We have full time jobs and just got our first place together. This was a slim chance for me to have a baby and I’m so lucky I even conceived. I’m so upset but also torn. Do I not allow her around our child? If she isn’t happy about it then why should she get to see the baby? His father apologized to us a lot and he was happy or at least seemed to be. Tell me what you think please :(