Feeding

Cindy

Hi! I need some advice or if any of you moms went through the same thing with your babies. My son is currently 9 weeks and for the past four weeks he hasn’t been eating as much. He’s been doing about 2oz or even 1oz every 3/4hours. He used to do 4oz by the time he turned 5 weeks and out of no where he just stopped eating as much. Its rare when he does finish a bottle now. I’ve tried changing his bottles, nipple size, making sure he doesn’t have any boogers, differnt positions, burping him between feeding, warming it up or even room temperature and nothing he’ll just fuss and cry. I feel like he’s still hungry but won’t go past 2oz.

I’ve talked to his pediatrician and they told me it could be reflux and gave me medicine and he’s still doing the same thing so she told me stop the medicine. She said it could be that he doesn’t like his formula but he does the same with my breast milk so now she says we’re going to monitor his weight gain. She told me not to stress but I still feel like something is wrong… any advice or tips? There’s days he only has a total of 14oz in a period of 24hrs.