When can I start TTC?

Mon

Hello everyone!

I will be starting a new job beginning of Jan 2023 and am now trying to calculate when I can start ttc to get enhanced maternity leave. My calculation comes out as beginning of July 2023, but I find it all very confusing and I might be a bit too emotional to deal with numbers. If anyone could help out I would really appreciate it!

I would have liked to start years ago but wasn't in a position due to my job situation. I'm 33 now, will turn 34 in August, so none of this is really ideal (really wanted to be pregnant with my second by now, but it is what it is).

So the details:

- I'm in the UK (as far as I understand you get 90% of your salary for 6 weeks, then £156.66 for 33 weeks if you have worked for your employer for 26 weeks 15 weeks before the expected due date, so that would mean you would have to have worked for them for just under a month before ttc depending on your cycle, I think?)

- new job starts beginning of Jan with six months probationary period

- at the new job I would receive 26 weeks full pay if I've worked there for 12+ months 15 weeks before my due date (this one is preferred as my salary isn't exactly high and we wouldn't be able to live off my partner's salary)

If I went with option one, I could probably start in Feb, option two in July. Is that correct?