Tantrums. Need advice!

So I'm a FTM. My husband and I had our first child in 2021, so he's almost 2.

My child has started throwing tantrums and I'm just totally at a loss of what to do anymore. He throws stuff, falls to the floor crying, and everything I try doesn't seem to work.

I tried distracting him with toys or books to help him forget what he was upset about. I've tried ignoring him completely when he has his tantrums. I've tried cuddling him to see if he'll calm down. (But when he's having a tantrum, he isn't wanting cuddles or doesn't even want to sit on my lap.) I've tried putting him in his crib till he's calmed down, but he'll cry for about 20 minutes in his crib and then I have to wait another 10 minutes before I go get him otherwise he'll just start his tantrum all over again. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there something I haven't thought of to help him get over his tantrums? Or better yet avoid his tantrum altogether?

Most of his tantrums are related to me saying no to screen time. And I've tried everything with that too. I've tried telling him we'll have a snack first and we'll watch TV later, instead of just saying no. I've tried to let him "help" me in the kitchen when I'm cooking. I feel like I've tried it all but nothing seems to work. I decided that I'm not going to let him have any screen time for about a week and see if he'll learn to go play without wanting screen time. But in the meantime does any have advice?