Cost for IVF

How much will IVF cost you?
Jo
Posted at Aug 16, 2014 • 188 responses

Glow Pages: Recommendations for Women, by Women

Find fertility products, clinics, doctors

Em
Posted at Feb 15, 2017
We are at the $12,000 mark. Just did our second transfer and I'm 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant. It's totally worthy the money. We'll just be doing less I've rthe next 3-5 years which is fine because wth my beta #'s, we might have twins. Find out at Monday's ultra sound. 
Da:  Wow. Only $12,000?! I was quoted WAY higher than that. I'm hoping this 5th pregnancy is a healthy chromosomally normal baby so I can avoid IVF.
Na
Posted at Dec 08, 2014
In australia the government now pays for it's I $0
Kr:  I live is Australia. I was quoted $10,00 plus for one round of ivf. I live in a small country town and will have to travel 13,00km to the nearest capital city for treatment.
Em:  We are in Australia. We will be paying around $3000, plus $500 for embryo storage. Think medicare covers more for additional cycles in a calendar year after safety net is met.
Re:  with primary ivf the only out of pocket cost is the day surgery cost and medication cost. everything else is covered by medicare
Ke
Posted at Feb 18, 2017
Our cost is $15,000 but that does not include meds which I am about the $5,000 mark for meds but luckily compassionate care program is covering 50% of my Med costs. Total we are about $20,000 but despite the pain of signing a check that massove, it is so worth it!
No
Posted at Feb 14, 2017
I am paying 11,831 for IVF and PGS and 4400 for meds
So
Posted at Jan 20, 2017
Mine cost $15k out of pocket my insurance covered $0
So:  Thank you and I'm sorry too 😔 when are you starting? For my second time I gave my body a break and I'm thinking to do it in July
Sa:  sorry to hear that I'm doing mine $15k out of our pocket too same story like urs.
So:  Thanks, I got pregnant but miscarried so I have to save up again to do it the second time.
St
Posted at Sep 23, 2016
No coverage. $17,000 for procedures. Waiting on Meds quote. 😪
St:  We ended up with $24,000 for IVF and $6,000 for meds
Sa:  same here
Me
Posted at Feb 10, 2017
We're in California. We've paid almost $24,000 including meds for a fresh cycle that failed and a successful frozen cycle
Ab
Posted at Feb 02, 2017
Although I'm very happy for all of you, I'm also slightly jealous of those who insurance covered ivf!lol For us it was over $30,000. We had to have two retrievals to get one healthy embryo so it was a little more than just one cycle straight through. I highly suggest PGS if you are paying for yourself because this was your chances go WAY up. Once we got our one healthy little embryo it was smooth sailing from there :-) 10 weeks tomorrow!
Sa
Posted at Oct 26, 2014
Depends where you live. Mine was covered by my insurance. I paid approx $100 in copays for meds and that's it. I'm so thankful my state requires insurance companies to cover fertility treatments. 
Em:  Mine will cost nothing for the first 2 rounds which I have just finished as I'm in the U.K. But if this one isn't successful it will be around £6000 for ICSI
Co:  I'm in IL. Almost all the states that have a "requirement" for insurances to cover treatments also offer loopholes for them to get out of it too. Or they set the lifetime allowance super low.
Fe:  Which state do you live?
Al
Posted at Nov 21, 2016
I live in RI and have MA insurance. Just found out today we will only have to pay 10% of costs! 

Want to comment?