Dear Anonymous

I miss my family. There. I said it.

I miss my mom and my step dad...I miss my sisters...I miss the craziness that is working 2 jobs while going to school. I miss my work in the hospital with all my fellow nurses and the hubbub. I miss school, the professors and my friends, and my work at the local diner, with the 2 old guys that come in every Wednesday for pot pies and always ask when I'm going to join them for lunch one day ? I miss home. But most of all? I miss my family. I miss my mommy. And it hurts because I know I can't go back there. And while I have no doubt she misses me...I know she won't let me back in her life. I made my choice, and while I don't regret marrying my husband and moving away....I regret that my mom puts religion before family. That because I married someone that doesn't share her beliefs, I am no longer welcome in my family. And I thought I could handle that. I thought I could be hard headed enough that it wouldn't affect me but DAMN IT I miss them! I miss them... ?

There's no question, no way to change this. I've tried calling. If she answers, she just yells at me and then hangs up.

I just needed to say it. I miss you, and I love you Mama. I miss you Bobby and Amber and Nancy Jo...I'm sorry this is how it is...I'm sorry there was nothing I could do to change this...I love you all...