Unwanted prayers (this is a rant)

I realize everyone is entitled to their beliefs, and I've got many religious friends. Some Muslim, Jewish, and then there are the Christians and Catholics. I love all my friends and I'm the atheist out of the bunch, however I do not disrespect their faiths and nag at them, but lately there's been a lot of people looking for help and instead are getting fairly useless comments. 
What irks me is when someone asks a question looking for genuine advice, or maybe they're scared about a pregnancy and need an adult to help them out and ease them through the whole process and someone comes along and says "you'll be in my prayers" or "I'm praying for you" Or even "pray to God for help".  I get that you think you're helping but that is NOT a helpful comment and does NOT help that person deal with whatever is going on. I'd understand if the poster had said "pray for me" or had mentioned something pertaining to their belief in God or some diety/significant being, but someone asking about abortions doesn't need "I'm praying for you" as an answer. 
I feel as though on some level it's disrespectful because not everyone is alright with being involved in any way with another's faith, and honestly, praying for someone certainly doesn't help them figure out their problem. You may think "I'm praying for you" is the best answer/response out there but really it's one of the least helpful because it gives zero insight on that individuals problem.