Hello

Maggie

TTC for the first time ever and it feels so weird. I've spent the last 20 years (rounding up) trying to avoid conception, but DH and I agree the time is as right as it will ever be and we want this. Or at least think we do... I suppose you can never really know what you are signing up for until the little one arrives.

I'm 34 going on 35 and an attorney. DH is 37 and in medicine. We took my IUD out a couple weeks ago, so this month is my first cycle trying. At first I felt preggers right away and was totally flooded with love for DH and the (hypothetical) little bean. DH didn't believe me but was nice enough not to call me crazy. I didn't take any sort of a test because I would rather not know than be wrong (and actually I don't even know if a test would work that early). Anyway then I got the death flu that laid me up for a week and took a ton of medication, both otc and prescription, that is not exactly good for pregnancy. Also I saw the statistics about 35 year old who get pregnant in the first YEAR of trying. So now I'm not so sure, and not so sure that I want to be at this exact second.

Period is due at the end of the week, so we will see, but I don't think I am. Hence starting to track all this stuff. We aren't telling anyone in real life, but it feels nice to be able to talk about it here. Good luck to all!