Myomectomy, TTC #1 for 2.5 yrs, 33yo - help!!

Dilana • Finally prego w/ #1 after five years.
TTC #1 for two and a half years. Diagnosed as a fibroid fertility problem so I had my fibroids removed in October (surgery called myomectomy). My period started in December again so my doctor put me on birth control for 9 months as she indicated I need to heal before conceiving. So at this point things have been going smooth as I agonizingly wait to be off birth control and try again. Some questions for anyone who's had something similar:
1. Has anyone else had fibroids as a fertility issue and had to get them removed? If so did the surgery work? How long did you have to wait before getting pregos after your surgery? 
2. My periods have become regular after surgery as they always have been but this month it only lasted a few hours and I've had some spotting every other day so far. Additionally I'm not feeling well. My doctor says not to worry about it if I've been taking my birth control. I don't really want to prego test because don't they say you absolutely aren't pregnant if you have needed a pad? The first day I did need one pad.
3. I'm 33, has anyone else started at 33 going on 34 and had three linda after fertility problems?