How to I break up with my boyfriend

I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years now. In 2 years I can count how many months he has worked. He will go to work for 2 weeks get his paycheck and then won't work for the rest of the month. He will spent all his money on weed and chilling with his friends. I have tried countless times to break up with him but it just doesn't work. I love him but I this time I have realized that I'm with him just because I feel bad for him and I look around at my friends and I See how much I have been missing out. I try to help him out with everything but now that I been looking at the situation with other eyes I see that all he's doing is taking advantage of me. I don't know how to break up with him. And before calling me a fool ( which I know that I have been ) I just wanted someone to help me out. I have lost all my friends because of him and I have nobody to talk to. I just wanted to be able to break up with him but I don't know how. Even his mom asks me why I'm sacrificing my live because of her son and I don't know how to answer. I been depressed for so long looking at my life and wishing it was different, I'm with a guy who's always putting me down , as off right now I'm at his house waiting for him while he's smoking weed and chilling with his friend and he knows I'm here, we haven't seen each other for a week and he treats like this. Idk what to do anymore I just wanna have control over my life but idk how :( I need help