Problems with birth control....

Chloe
I was taking birth control until about two months ago. I started it four years ago with just a generic daily pill. That worked for a couple of months but then my period got longer and longer until it just didn't go away. So I went into the doctor and said hey this is not working I'm moody, bloated and can't stop bleeding. It's driving me nuts! She asked if I took the pills at the same time everyday, I said yes, and if anything else was going on, which there was not. So i switched to the depo shot to see if that worked.... It did not it did the same thing as the birth control pills. So I went back in and told her the same thing as before. She said Ok we can try a stronger birth control or an IUD. I said I did not want an IUD so let's try a stronger birth control. So I did and once again the same thing happened. So I went back in and she said Ok you need to have an ultrasound so I went got an ultrasound and they said I look normal and nothing is wrong. I said Ok that's good I'm glad but what can I do about this. He looked at what I was on currently, asked about I had tried, and told me my best choice was to get on even stronger birth control. So I did, it was great for about five months and then it was game over I had my period all the time again with maybe a week break between bleeding for three to four weeks. I was so mad and frustrated that I finished my last pack of birth control and said I'm done. I haven't had any problems since but my sex drive is nothing like it use to be and I'm now worried about having sex. I want to be on birth control to have that reassurance but I do not want to deal with what I have in the past it's just not worth it. Does anyone have any ideas?? And yes I use condoms now but I really do not like them.