Feeling upset and disrespected - vent.

So last night my husband basicalled called me a slut and accused me of cheating. 
A news report was on about US military coming to Aus for 6 months of training.. He then continues to say 'oh my mates in the army will be hating that because all the Yanks will be getting around rooting all the Aussies (he is a little rough around th edges).' Then adds 'oh that would be you if you were there huh? You'd love it.' I just tried to go along with the joke and say 'yeah, sure'. I've been a little emotional lately so just let it slide. 
On Friday night I went to the local pub for a girls going away drinks. I came home by 10:30pm at night. On Saturday morning we had sex. He says I felt 'loose' and I normally don't feel like that unless we've had sex through out the day, and kept asking me why I was 'loose.' I simply said that I don't know, body changes and feels different through out my cycle. We've been together for 6 years and he replied with 'well it's not been like that before,' 
I didn't get all defensive because I didn't want to appear 'guilty' and start a bull shit argument about it and then have him carry on some more about how it would mean I'm guilty. He's also a bit hot headed, so I don't think a conversation will end with a calming concersation.
I'm hurt by it and feel offended. I've never cheated on him, nor would I. 
He's cheated before we got married and we worked on fixing it. 
He's always been very insecure. Is he just feeling insecure lately and I should be more sensitive to that? Is it possible that he's feeling guilty and could be cheating again? Is it something that I should bring up and just hope for an adult conversation? Or just let it go, and say something if he makes another comment?