In need of advice.....

Katie
So I have been trying to breastfeed but when my son was 3 days old he had jaundice and had lost more weight than he should so the doctor had us start giving him an ounce of formula after he breastfed on both sides. That helped his weight come back up but he wasn't having any BMs so they upped his formula to 1 1/2oz and he started going like he should. I tried to slowly take him off of the formula since my milk came in and now he's not having normal BMs and he's wanting to breastfeed all day long and he's starting to lose weight again. I'm wanting to give up on breastfeeding altogether because it doesn't seem like my milk is doing him any good but at the same time I really want it to work because I know it's good for him (well maybe). I have plenty of milk and he is getting it when he feeds I just don't know what the problem could be or if I should even keep trying. And the only support that I have to keep breastfeeding is my husband, everyone else just telling me to give up since he's over 3 weeks old and still up and down on the weight scale. I'm going to call a lactation consultant tomorrow and see if I can meet with them but in the mean time I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what I should do or inspiration to continue breastfeeding if that's the way I should go..... Thanks in advance