Pregnant and bed-sharing with a 4 yr old....

Caitlin
I am a step mom to a wonderful 4 yr old girl (she will be 5 by the time the baby arrives) and I am currently just over 8 weeks pregnant with me and my husbands first child together. My step daughter sleeps in the bed with us and previously even though it irritated me I just dealt with it because she had always slept in the bed with him and her mom. Now that I am pregnant I wake up in the middle of the night feeling incredibly agitated and can't go back to sleep because I can't get comfortable, don't have enough room, keep getting kicked and hit, etc. I have moved to the couch a couple of times lately just so I can get some sleep. I know my discomfort is only going to get worse as I get farther along in my pregnancy and need more room in the bed so my question is do you bed-share with a child and if so what are you planning to do now that you're pregnant? Do you suck it up and continue bed-sharing? Start moving the child to their own bed? Perhaps you will sleep elsewhere? I talked to him a bit about moving her to her own bed before I found out I was pregnant but he kind of blew it off. Should I try again since I'm going to be increasingly uncomfortable in the coming months?