Happy & Sharing (kind of long)

Wendi • TTC #1
I was misdiagnosed with something called Trigeminal Neuralgia in Spring 2013. I had the most excruciating pain I've ever felt on the right side of my face. The doctors did a bunch of tests and said it had to be TN. I was put on a combination of two meds, and eventually ended up being on 9.5 pills a day to control the pain. I put on 42 lbs while on the meds, leading up to my wedding day in 09/2014. (Talk about horrible timing!) I had never had any health issues up until this point in my life. My dentist convinced me that he thought something was going on with my farthest back, top right molar. I finally got enough courage to let him touch that tooth in January 2015. He ended up discovering that it had been an abscessed tooth FOR TWO YEARS and was positive that I had been misdiagnosed. A week after the root canal was done and I came off the antibiotics, I began weaning off the TN meds. It took about a month to do. I'm now off of BC and all I take is a multivitamin, allegra, and folic acid. I'm finally starting to lose the weight I gained!! In March, I was 192.4 - my heaviest since 2006 (when I was in the process of going from 200 to 140). Today I weighed myself and I'm 181.6 ...almost out of the 180s, thank God! My short term goal is 170. When I get there I'm buying myself a new Michael Kors bag ;) But my top goal is to get back down to 150 and if I feel like going down to 140, then I will. Just thankful that my dedication to eating clean, working out and getting good sleep is paying off. I'm not a patient person and the last 2 years dealing with this ordeal have been a nightmare, but I'm blessed to have an amazing husband and friends that encourage and support me. Focusing on getting my body healthy for our future child :) Hope you all have a good week!!