Need help getting 3 year old to sleep!!

Teresa ♡ TT
I need some tips to help get my almost 3 year old to sleep through the night again. He used to do just fine until last September when we bought a house and moved. He then started waking up twice a night, I figured it was just him adjusting to the house. Now he is down to waking up only once a night but without fail every night he wakes up, yells for me, I lay down for a min with him and he falls back asleep. If he sleeps in our bed (which occasionally he will if we are having a family movie /cuddle night) he sleeps just fine and doesn't wake up at all. It's only when he's in his room by himself. We do the same routine every night, bath time, brush teeth, pjs, read stories, and the I rub his back until he falls asleep (which I know I need to work on getting him to fall asleep on his own too) I've just been trying to work on one thing at a time and I know some will say I have babied him but he is my baby, my only baby and I can't help but to love and spoil him a little lol. I just wish he would sleep through the night, I am starting school soon and we are TTC and I know that once we do have another baby there is just no way I can be up all night with 2 babies. Does anyone have any tips or advice please?? Thank you.