Cutting ties

Jen • Mom to one very cute little boy conceived with the help of Glow! Avoiding baby #2 for a few years
Not with you ladies! Don't worry. After a long and emotional week I have come to the very difficult decision to cut ties with my brother and his family. His wife has been causing problems with me since they got married. I stopped contact with them last year ( which I don't think they even noticed cause they can't be bothered to call or email me they may have notice I didn't send a gift for my niece born in September nor any congrats nor did I send bday gifts or Xmas gifts to their oldest all year but not a thing was said) and when I went to Canada in April they knew I was there and where I was... It took a week for them to phone then I got " wtf dad told me you have been in town for week why have you not come over I see the girls?" I said I don't call and invite myself over. Anyways his wife has been a nasty manipulative bitch for a long time doing many nasty things making me look bad. People even my parents thought I must be lying and saw she did something's but felt I must be fueling it but i not admitting it. Last year I came to terms with not being involved with their lives why try when someone doesn't want you there? Mom and dad kept pushing me that I was being irrational and we need to make the family work. So after Canada this time I tried I once again started calling them and emailing them although I seldom get replies and they never FaceTime me! Since it's my parents wedding anniversary when I'm there this summer and we are never all in the same country I started emailing my brother planning a specail day. I will save you the details but I thought all was going fine then suddenly I get a call from my parents say my brother and bitch are really upset with me as I have been causing drama and sending rude emails again! I lost my shit! Seriously the emails just consists of figuring out our schedules and what restaurant to go to! I forwarded then all to my parents and they can't figure out what is rude about it. My sil was on the phone to my mom crying how I'm so rude and a horrible person and she isn't doing a baby shower for me (good! I cringed when I found out she was) my parents can finally see what she is doing after all these years but they feel if they say something she will take away then seeing their grandkids. I talked to a therapist and she said I have been the victim of narcisstic abuse! And for years and pointed out all the damage it has done to me over the years! I hadn't realised! I was in shock! I have done a lot of research on narcisstic abusers and victims since and it's true! The only way out is cutting ties she has a mental issue and I can no longer expose myself and be a victim!