Antibiotic shortage

Ce

So looks like we're not producing antibiotics fast enough to keep up with the rate viruses evolve. I bring this up because today was the first time I had ever heard someone say a doctor refused to prescribe more to a relative (who in the doctors defense just needs to take common cold medicine). This shocked me because there has never been a appointment for me where I wasn't given a prescription, sometimes even after I was told they had no idea what was wrong, "but here's these pills, just in case". I don't think it's just a assumption of mine that it's just how they make a lot money, and it was one of the reasons I switched to alternative medicine.

Anyway, after doing some mild research, we aren't keeping up at all. We barely manage to do so with vaccines or annual shots, and we might be facing things like small pox and polio again before too long.

Do you take antibiotics without question?

Bonus: Do you think the prescription should be handed out so easily for minut things such as colds, coughs, etc? Or "just in case" without knowing what is wrong with the patient?

Vote below to see results!