HELP! Affair ? Or No? PLEASE READ AND ADVISE

My husband and I now of 3 years ....
I heard awhile back he was cheating on me w one of our good friends fiancé !  Hear say small town drama ! However we were going through some problems and not really having sex .... When I heard i "asked" him and he seemed really eager to get to the bottom of it.. Who said what to who and why ... He was furious I has asked him this ?? .  Other things led up to me just "knowing" it's true ...clues...frequent txting..... And I thought it i had told him of my infidelity ((way before marriage)) he may spill the beans .. And NOPE! He keeps telling me "I won't confess to something that didn't happen" but did confess to some near misses and an emotional txting relationship ((Early marriage))..mine was 3 or so months before engagement and when I told him he was crushed ! It looked like I hit him in the stomach w a sledge hammer ..and he contemplated separation and space a few times.. And when he did leave he just came back or blew up my phone the whole time talking about how he couldn't be w out me but felt hurt and betrayed ((I thought he was turning it around on me ))... I started going to counseling thinking ... I needed help w my insecurities and trust issues and this affair issue....and one day he said he would like to go ... He has actually been going with me for the last 4 or 5 time even 1 time couldn't make it and joined us via FaceTime ((his request)).. Been spending more time at home .. And being more about our family ..the love we share now is unbeatable ... Almost like we were first dating... . Our sex life now is AMAZING and we have been more open with each other than we even have been ...but still in the back of my mind .... Did he do it 😩.  Can someone please help with any words of advice ?! Has an affair or rumored affair ever "helped" anyone realize just how much you love each other ? ??? Please ?!