Cramping and heavy spotting

Leighton
Hello all
I'm currently 5 weeks 5 days along.
Yesterday morning I woke up with a thick brown discharge. I spotted throughout the day- normally brown and then brownish red towards the end of the day. I had no spotting throughout the night. I had a pressure in the left side of my abdomen for most of the day. This morning around 11 am I felt that pressure again, but more like a weak cramping. I've had it for a few hours. The spotting was intermittent but it has turned a darker red now. Not enough to stain a liner, just when I wipe. I have noticed the soreness of my boobs has decreased steadily. I had a very strong positive pregnancy test this morning, I couldn't help but test. As I live in Quebec but am covered by NS health, any doctors visit I have is very costly. I spoke with a general nurse this afternoon she tried to convince me that this is implantation. My last cycle began August 8th so I seriously doubt that. Although I am trying to stay positive, I know the reality is probably MC. I cannot book an appointment here until week 6, and I'm just shy. The doctor on call basically told me to wait it out... So that is what I'm doing. I have been resting all day, laying down and eating very lightly. I am drinking a lot of water as well. No caffeine for 48 hours now.
Has anyone experienced this? I don't know what to look for.. There have been no clots, or extremes cramps but I can't shake the feeling that I'm losing our little one... Any advice would be very welcome <3