Vbac hospitals in Oklahoma

Penny
Ok, so I had my 20 weeks apt today, and I am exactly 20 weeks today, I am scheduled for an in-depth ultrasound in 3 weeks, I'll be 23 weeks then. 
I spoke with my OB about having a vbac, and he's all for it. Says I have a transverse cut,(bikini cut) that there's really nothing to worry about, loves the idea of me having a vbac, so forth and so on...
Problem: 
In order to have a vbac, I have to switch hospitals, and ob's. But I really like my ob, and the closest hospital I can go to for vbac is an hour away! If I start seeing a new ob now I'll be driving an hour a way once a week at some point, so I was considering possibly waiting to the last min to switch, but I mean...how do I do that?!? How long should I wait before swotching? Would it just be best to do so ASAP? And then there's the risk of spontaneous labor and having to drive an hour to the hospital, anything could go wrong! What do I do? My husband is for it, except he doesn't want to drive the distance, nor does he want to switch ob's but my mother is actively trying to convince me to give up on the idea, even telling me I was nuts for wanting to just try...