Horse People!!

C • C
I've worked in the large animal vet world for 8 years and I have some questions for you guys, I pretty much just want your opinions based off a case the other day!!!
A lot of show horses are getting started under saddle before their 2nd birthday....LOTS and a trainer specifically that we get for constantly has us out to do hock injections in horses as young as 3/4yrs because they're already having difficulties due to being ridden so young before their bodies are done fusing....
He called us the other day asking us to come out and inject two young horses or his...keep in mind this guy brings in a lot of money for us because of this, I rolled my eyes hearing him talk to my vet in the phone, then out of know here my vet told him this is wrong and he doesn't want to be a part of this anymore....this isn't what he got into the business to do and he needs to find a new vet...
I was shocked but happy my vet stood up to him.
Myself I've always shown horses, I did high school rodeo, random rodeos, reining, cutting and cowhorse...those horses are started very young, I also own a handful of performance bred horses and I get a lot of backlash for starting them so late.
So the poll question is what age do you think it's appropriate to start your horse? I realize this topic won't do well here but even just a few opinions would be awesome! And feel free to post your horse photos I love seeing everyone's fur babies 

Vote below to see results!