Baby shower blues

Ashley

Need to tell someone so it won't get it back to family...this is my safe place, ladies.

I'm ready to cancel this. The person throwing it (husband's aunt) asked me and my husband for our thoughts on the shower ideas. Well, when I voiced my thoughts the other night, I got called "nasty, unappreciative, and unreasonable" because it was the opposite of what she had in mind. Also, she said my tone was negative. I'm not the most tactful when voicing my opinion but she wanted a co-ed shower where his single guy friends were invited too (with the option of a guest)--not what I had in mind (I was ok with my best friends husbands (who are also his friends). She has now since called my in-laws and got them involved in this drama. Yikes it's blowing up into a bigger issue now. This is why I didn't want a shower in the first place (the bridal and wedding did me in). After I tell my husband I don't want one anymore he says "of course I knew you would say that.. Because that's how your family acts- just cancels things". Family is the number one thing him and I argue over!!! What can a pregnant woman during these times when a beer is warranted???? Did someone say ice cream?