Depressed husband

Kristen
I need some help everyone. So lately my hubby has been really depressed and in a rut. We just moved to a new state about a year ago and it's been tough. He was unemployed for 6 months, so that put a bit of a strain financially. We had some tragic losses this year (one family and one a mc I had), we also bought a house (our first) so we've been spending any extra money we get on supplies. He's very anxious lately about bills and says he hates his job. He says he feels his life is spiraling out of control. He's starting to have a short temper at home and just seems off and not quite like himself. Whenever I can finally get him to talk about it he gets a little choked up and says he feels like a failure. He can't provide for us the way he would like (even though I work and provide for myself lol), he can't afford nice trips or vacations for us, he hates his job and wishes he would have done something else with his life etc. I keep telling him it's just been a difficult year but now that we have a house we are actually saving about $300/month. We just don't see it yet because we've been spending it on furnishings and supplies. I also tell him that if he wants to go back to school I would support him 100%. But he just wants to be lazy and says he hates school. So all this complaining and anger and depression is building but he won't do anything about it. He won't talk to anyone and doesn't try to change his work situation. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can help my guy out? I feel so helpless over here