Borderline Inappropriate

Cheyenne

This just happened. We went to my husband's workplace and grabbed some lunch. His boss, who isn't known for much positive interaction, decided to take it upon herself to start making comments about my hair. "Adam, do you realize her hair is blue?" He thought it was funny. I did not. I didn't appreciate unwelcome comments at all. She looked at me, thinking she was being funny, and said, "You there is this thing called real hair color? Like brunette, red, and blonde?"

I played it off well and said, "Well, I like to make people wonder and ask questions. I'm a blue-nette!"

In the truck, I expressed my dislike of her comments and how I felt they were unnecessary. If she had been anyone else..I would have told her to fuck off and mind her own business. But I went with it because she's his boss. Then HE got mad at ME saying it's pathetic I can't take a joke.

I don't see how jokes are about another person's choices are funny. Or appropriate. If you don't like it, don't look. Its not a joke if someone else doesn't appreciate the behavior.