Looking for advice!

Chelsie • Married: 04-12-2015. Due date: 06/28/16. Currently pursuing a Master`s degree in Secondary Education (6-12 grade).
Apologies in advance for how long this is! So my husband and I have been TTC since July (which is the same time I got off birth control that I was previously on for 7 years). Before I was on birth control my periods were irregular. When I got off birth control, they were regular for the months of July-September. My last period was September 17. I think I may have ovulated on October 5 based off of my CM. Other than that though I am not definite if or when I ovulated. However the last 2-3 weeks, I have had very sore nipples and breasts, fatigue, dizziness, increase appetite, and insomnia occasionally. I'm bloated and constipated most days and have gained abut 2-3 pounds this last week. I'm nervous to take a pregnancy test because I don't want to be disappointed, plus due to my irregular periods from before birth control, I don't know if this is just symtpoms of my period coming or is this early pregnancy. I have no idea when my next period is coming. Should I test?? I'm trying to wait until November 1 to test because I would have gone the whole month of October without a period. 
Has anyone else with irregular periods experienced this? Should I test or wait for an appearance from AF?
Any help is appreciated! Thank!