Baby Shower concerns...

Amanda • Proud Mother and Wife to my little family
So I posted an early topic about baby showers but I'm back for more advice!
I'm not sure what to do. I was raised that a shower (bridal or baby) is a gift, not an obligation. You shouldn't expect a shower from people and unless someone offers - you keep your mouth shut. (How I was raised, don't judge)
Well... I've done just that and kept my mouth shut. So far my best friend hasn't said a peep about it, my mom hasn't offered, my step mom or mother in law both haven't either...
BUT - they keep talking about "oh, at your shower", "oh don't buy that now, you'll probably get it at your shower" "don't forget to invite so and so to your shower..."
I know it's early, but it's frustrating when they say stuff like that and I come back with "well, IF there's a shower..." And they just brush it off and say "oh I'm sure someone will throw you one."
I feel awkward about it now and don't know who to talk to or what to say without sounding like I'm asking for one because it's a gift, not an obligation.
I'm only 14 weeks, shower wouldn't be until end of April early May anyways .. But I'm already stressed out about this lol ridiculous, I know.