I just had an abortion and I'm miserable

Please don't put me down for my choice I don't need it. My husband and I came to a joint decision to have an abortion because he isn't home and won't be for a long time and we are not even a little bit financially stable. I live all alone in a state miles and mile away from family and friends and we just couldn't do it yet. We want children in about a year but not now. It was such a painful week going back and forth on the decision and waiting for the day I went in. I went in yesterday and had a medical abortion and I'm on day two of it now and I can say I feel overwhelmed. The first hour when the cramps and bleeding set in was so horrible I just kept screaming I'm sorry and help me. I was alone in our house and almost blacking out from the pain. Now all that has passed and I'm just having a period basically but I keep wondering if I'll get over what I had to do. I was on birth control and was told by the doctors it would be very hard for me to get pregnant due to an existing condition I have, but I got pregnant anyway. I wanted to love this baby so so badly but I couldn't. How do people get over it? What helps?