Do you need a real diamond?

Dorothy • Newly wed, married my best fiend and love of my life Jan 31, 2016!
My boyfriend has talked about getting married and asking what kind of rings I liked. I told him I wanted a rose gold ring with a morganite stone. I absolutely do not need, nor do I particularly want a diamond. I don't see the need to spend so much money on a ring I'm going to wear when there are other things that we will need with getting married, like furniture for the house that we'll share and so on. The morganite rings aren't cheap by any means and I absolutely love the way they look with rose gold bands! The only thing that needs to be real is the metal because I cannot wear fake metals or I will break out and turn green. 
I was married once before and had a ring that had real diamonds, and I didn't like anything about it. And it was expensive. The love I have for my boyfriend now is unlike anything I've ever felt for anyone else. We've been best friends for years before we started dating and we've been through family crisis, a miscarriage, and so much more together. I just want a special, unique ring, not the cliche, and I don't want him to feel he has to go broke buying something that I won't like because he feels like he has to because it's the 'norm'. What do you ladies think?

Vote below to see results!